Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hunterfrederick

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2006
Did Apple take out the ability for regular text messages to be pushed to the Mac as well? I know we don't have iCloud Message Sync yet in this version of iOS 11 but I've always been able to receive regular text messages on my Mac as well as my phone but now it seems in MacOS HS that I can only get iMessages. Did I miss something?

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Did Apple take out the ability for regular text messages to be pushed to the Mac as well? I know we don't have iCloud Message Sync yet in this version of iOS 11 but I've always been able to receive regular text messages on my Mac as well as my phone but now it seems in MacOS HS that I can only get iMessages. Did I miss something?
Did you enable text message forwarding for your computer on your phone? It’s still working for me with 10.13 and iOS 11.

hunterfrederick

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2006
Did you enable text message forwarding for your computer on your phone? It’s still working for me with 10.13 and iOS 11.

Thank you! That did it! I had text forwarding turned on on my phone but I had it on for the wrong Mac (they were labeled the same).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.