Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DNYLND

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2019
So, I feel like ever since iOS 13, Messages QuickAction contextual menu has been slowly been losing it's effectiveness.

I used to have a couple of outdated recent contacts to Haptic Touch into, but now, it's just empty.

Does anyone else use this feature but me, and noticed that it's not picking up your most recent/frequent messages to Haptic into?

Thanks for any feedback, very frustrating as I used this all the time.

iOS 13.2 PB4.

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
I'm wondering whether they keep changing/fixing things related to Messages and hence each beta we load resets the list. Mine (latest beta) still only lists two people - someone I message daily, and someone I've not messaged in half a year. It could have picked any number of people that I've messaged more recently and more often.

DNYLND

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2019
I'm wondering whether they keep changing/fixing things related to Messages and hence each beta we load resets the list. Mine (latest beta) still only lists two people - someone I message daily, and someone I've not messaged in half a year. It could have picked any number of people that I've messaged more recently and more often.

There's just no rhyme or reason to it. A week ago, I had two contacts I was messaging with frequently, and Apple, which I messaged with their Support team weeks prior. I deleted the Apple thread thinking something might happen, but really now, I have no contacts listed. And I message different contacts everyday multiple times a day.

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
Whatsapp's haptic menu is working wonderfully. Apple are slowly screwing up all their stock apps on both iOS and MacOS, which is leading me to move one-by-one to other apps.

Reactions: StumpyBloke

DNYLND

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2019
Whatsapp's haptic menu is working wonderfully. Apple are slowly screwing up all their stock apps on both iOS and MacOS, which is leading me to move one-by-one to other apps.

I've noticed Facebook Messenger is starting to follow suit to Apple's native Messages app; starting to not show my most recent contacts.

How can Apple screw up such a simple thing. I'm a power user, but they're making it really hard when they screw up their power features.

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
Deleting both Facebook and Facebook Messenger from my phone was something I did a year or so ago when my 16GB 6S ran out of memory. Both those apps are huge, and are updated so often with all sorts of stuff that, for some reason, Apple never requires them to document. "We update the app regularly to track you with dodgy silent music tracks / bluetooth locations / reading cookies" or whatever it is they say :)

I use the FB website with "desktop mode". Allows me to read messages. I don't need the notifications.

DNYLND

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2019
Deleting both Facebook and Facebook Messenger from my phone was something I did a year or so ago when my 16GB 6S ran out of memory. Both those apps are huge, and are updated so often with all sorts of stuff that, for some reason, Apple never requires them to document. "We update the app regularly to track you with dodgy silent music tracks / bluetooth locations / reading cookies" or whatever it is they say :)

I use the FB website with "desktop mode". Allows me to read messages. I don't need the notifications.

I've been thinking about deleting Facebook cause I'm not a fan of having it on my phone, but it hasn't bothered me yet. Can't get rid of Messenger because people do message me on there occasionally.

But anyway, I was thinking about wiping my iPhone when iOS 13.2 officially gets released, but I don't think that's going to fix the Messages QuickAction menu... I've already submitted feedback about it, but I don't even know if they'll ever read it. I'm not hopeful.

Reactions: adrianlondon

Chinoo

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2011
419c6bd92478b19cf30cacd73ad48f40.jpg

ios13.3 still having the same issue in all my devices, IPads and IPhone

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.