Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

AjTee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 17, 2018
Gdańsk, Poland
Hello,

I use Messenger app on my Macbook everyday.

Today I faced issue with login to app.

I am getting "Account Temporarily Unavailable" error when login to Messenger using official Facebook app on macOS.

issue with messenger.png

Application is fully updated. System is also fully updated. I am on macOS 12.1.

Once I try login using Messenger app then my Facebook account is blocked and I need to unblock it using code from email or sms text code.

Mobile messenger app on iOS works perfectly fine. I have reinstalled this application already.

How to fix this issue?

Regards,
Jacob

Last edited:

AjTee

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 17, 2018
Gdańsk, Poland
Case can be closed. I have enabled two factor authentication. This solved this issue and this newest FB security mechanism.

pgdh

macrumors newbie
Dec 21, 2021
Case can be closed. I have enabled two factor authentication. This solved this issue and this newest FB security mechanism.

AjTee, thanks for taking the time to post this. I had the same issue, and got stuck in a Facebook block/unblock loop.

It's s shame that Facebook didn't foresee the issue or mention your workaround.

It worked for me, so thanks again for posting!

themac

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2002
Los Angeles
Hello,

I use Messenger app on my Macbook everyday.

Today I faced issue with login to app.

I am getting "Account Temporarily Unavailable" error when login to Messenger using official Facebook app on macOS.

View attachment 1931030

Application is fully updated. System is also fully updated. I am on macOS 12.1.

Once I try login using Messenger app then my Facebook account is blocked and I need to unblock it using code from email or sms text code.

Mobile messenger app on iOS works perfectly fine. I have reinstalled this application already.

How to fix this issue?

Regards,
Jacob

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.