Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steveash

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 7, 2008
UK
I realised today that my metadata template in Lightroom has an error. As a result all of my images need updating. Rather than open every image in Photoshop or re-export thousands of jpegs in different sizes from Lightroom, is there an app for the Mac that can do this in mass for a large number of images at once?

oblomow

macrumors 601
Apr 14, 2005
Netherlands
I realised today that my metadata template in Lightroom has an error. As a result all of my images need updating. Rather than open every image in Photoshop or re-export thousands of jpegs in different sizes from Lightroom, is there an app for the Mac that can do this in mass for a large number of images at once?
If you're brave, there is exiftool. Very good and very powerful.

splifingate

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2013
ATL
I've had great success with exiftool when working with tens of thousands of photos . . . and great failures ;)

Best to start with a limited batch (on copies) to test correctness-of-paramaters before going all-out on an entire repository.

Regards, splifingate

Reactions: adrianlondon

Ray2

macrumors 65816
Jul 8, 2014
It might help if you got a bit specific in describing what is not right and what you want. There’s no shortage of metadata tools available in free or moderately priced apps. Not to mention LR. But their tool set and capabilities differ.

steveash

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 7, 2008
UK
It might help if you got a bit specific in describing what is not right and what you want. There’s no shortage of metadata tools available in free or moderately priced apps. Not to mention LR. But their tool set and capabilities differ.

There is a stray extra character in the Creator Website field which means the URL doesn't work.

What is wrong? You can sync metadata in LR.

I want to update all kinds of exported jpeg files as well as raw files. The raw files within Lightroom were easy to sync but to do the same with jpegs I would have to import them all into a catalogue, sync the meta data and then re-export them all. It would take a long time and the quality would degrade.

EXIFTool looks like it might do the job, however, looking into it further, I might have finally found a use for Adobe Bridge!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.