Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BruiserB

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 9, 2008
I don't really understand the technicalities of what this Metal technology that Apple introduced yesterday is....but I do understand that it gives iOS devices the ability to manage graphics heavy tasks to a much greater extent than they can now.

Even though they only showed off the technology on iPhone and iPad, I couldn't help but think the real advantage to this will be enabling "console level" performance, as they referred to it more than once, on current or future Apple TV models.

I don't believe any beta iOS8 release happened for the AppleTV, but I'm sure there is an ATV version that will be released at some point.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
Read the Anand review. Apple published an execution flowchart showing a 3 Core CPU. There is no A7 with more than 2 cores. ;)

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
Read the Anand review. Apple published an execution flowchart showing a 3 Core CPU. There is no A7 with more than 2 cores. ;)

In the Keynote they said how it was designed for the A7.

But TC is correct, this technology could lead the ATV to become a gaming platform.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.