Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
Original poster
May 3, 2009
Intel Desktop CPU Rumors: Raptor Lake Refresh In 2023, Meteor Lake Up To Core i7 With 6+16, Arrow Lake Up To Core i9 With 8+16 SKUs In 2024
Intel 14th Gen Meteor Lake Desktop CPU Lineup (2024)

Intel's 14th Gen Meteor Lake-S Desktop CPUs will take a step back and reduce the number of P-Cores while retaining the number of E-Cores. The lineup listed in leaked charts includes five different SKU configurations with the top variants featuring up to 22 cores in a combination of 6 P-Cores and 16 E-Cores. The P-Cores on the Meteor Lake CPUs are based on the brand-new Redwood Cove architecture while the E-Cores will utilize the Crestmont design. Both of these are new and improved architecture as reported by Coelacanth-Dream a few weeks back.

Intel may have cancelled Meteor Lake desktop CPUs in favor of a Raptor Lake refresh
trusted leaker @OneRaichu said this week that there may never be Meteor Lake desktop processors. The 14th-generation CPUs are supposed to mark Intel's transition to tile-based architecture, which is similar to the "chiplet" design AMD uses for its recent processors, but Intel might be struggling to maintain desktop-class performance amid the shift.

Interesting rumors regarding Meteor Lake. I can't say that I'm surprised with Intel struggling with new technology. That seems to be the case for the last decade it seems.

pshufd

macrumors G3
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
Intel Desktop CPU Rumors: Raptor Lake Refresh In 2023, Meteor Lake Up To Core i7 With 6+16, Arrow Lake Up To Core i9 With 8+16 SKUs In 2024

Intel may have cancelled Meteor Lake desktop CPUs in favor of a Raptor Lake refresh

Interesting rumors regarding Meteor Lake. I can't say that I'm surprised with Intel struggling with new technology. That seems to be the case for the last decade it seems.

I'd heard these a while ago and it's just a yawner for me. Intel was on top of the world around 2007 - don't know what happened.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.