Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nvrau

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 22, 2006
Brisbane, QLD Australia
I'm in the process of setting up a new Mac without Migration Assistant. I've been looking for a method to locate the email addresses I've added to Apple Mail's Blocked Senders list so I can back them up and then restore on the new Mac.🤞

Unfortunately, the luxurious feature to export or copy the list didn't make the cut for development... so we are left to start over with each new Mac when Migration Assistant isn't used. Actually, I don't even know if they would be successfully migrated then.

Anyway, I would think they exist as text somewhere??? Anyone had any luck with this one?

nvrau

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 22, 2006
Brisbane, QLD Australia
Yes, I'm logged into my Apple ID on the machine but not iCloud. I'm familiar with iCloud and I don't store anything on it.

Do you know where the blocked eMail addresses are stored in the OS?

Reactions: Chuckeee

hwojtek

macrumors 68020
Jan 26, 2008
Poznan, Poland
Most probably somewhere in ~/Library/Application Support/AddressBook/

I'm sorry, my blocked contacts list (emails, phone numbers, iCloud addresses) gets synchronized across my devices via iCloud.

Reactions: nvrau

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.cmfsyncagent.plist is the file. Whether or not it can be safely copied over, no idea.

It's a binary plist, but can view via holding spacebar while in Finder.

nvrau

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 22, 2006
Brisbane, QLD Australia
Well this is unsettling... I backup nothing with iCloud but after setting up Mail on the new Mac the Block Sender list was already there... As well, all the messages I had Flagged on the old Mac were flagged and labelled correctly. My mail server is on cPanel, and neither functionality are available, as far as I know.

katbel

macrumors 68040
Aug 19, 2009
~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.cmfsyncagent.plist is the file. Whether or not it can be safely copied over, no idea.

It's a binary plist, but can view via holding spacebar while in Finder.
Is there a way to block a specific domain not only one email at the time?
I'm receiving spam to my iCloud account. I already blocked few senders but I would like to block their domain. @hoxamadeus.com or @communicationshub.mail.hoxamadeus.com
What do I need to put in front of the @, to cover the full extent of it? Or is it enough to leave just the domain?

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
No need to add anything before the @, just need to make the filter to be a "contains" or "end with".

Attachments

• filter.png
    filter.png
    63.8 KB · Views: 51
Reactions: katbel
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.