Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sky Blue

Original poster
Jan 8, 2005
If you take a look at your Wii Shop Channel, it's Metroid month! You can download a little channel that will stream some Metroid vids...so nothing too exciting..

I believe this is US only.

plinkoman

macrumors 65816
Jul 2, 2003
New York
Finally, I was beginning to think they weren't going to hype this game at all.

And finally I get to play Super Metroid again on the 20th. :D

plinkoman

macrumors 65816
Jul 2, 2003
New York
Funny how, a day after IGN posts Metriod 3: The Anti Hype, Nintendo announces the 'Month of Metroid.'

Nothing more than a coincidence; they couldn't have put this together in two days. IGN was spot on with that editorial though, and thank god Nintendo is actually doing something now. They didn't hype Metroid Prime 2 nearly enough, and on that subject, they didn't hype Twilight Princess enough either and as a result, neither sold quite as well as they hoped despite being amazing games.

echeck

macrumors 68000
Apr 20, 2004
Boise, Idaho
BAHHHHHHHH I'm downloading it now, i hoped it would have been playable. What a letdown :(

I would think playable demos are in the future, although this is Nintendo so we have to take in to consideration their apparent view that online content isn't necessary. :rolleyes:

It's still cool to see them offering something like this, but it would be even more cool if they offered some exclusive content for the Wii rather than just trailers that you can see online.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Bugger, US only. Preview channels? What a nice idea, package together screenshots and videos and little preview details in a single channel? I likes the sound of that.

A Brawl one is needed, even if it's nothing more than a mirror of the Dojo site.

atszyman

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2003
The Dallas 'burbs
Bugger, US only. Preview channels? What a nice idea, package together screenshots and videos and little preview details in a single channel? I likes the sound of that.

A Brawl one is needed, even if it's nothing more than a mirror of the Dojo site.

Why can't they port this idea to the VC and allow you to arrange your VC games in a channel for each individual console... or by game series...

I'm currently planning on picking up MP3: Corruption in the next couple months. Will I be at a huge disadvantage for never playing MP or MP2: Echoes?

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I'm currently planning on picking up MP3: Corruption in the next couple months. Will I be at a huge disadvantage for never playing MP or MP2: Echoes?

Possibly.

Spoilers in white- There's a nasty chemical thing called Phazon that goes about mutating things. Planets, reality, Metroids et al. Prime 1 see's you on Talon IV that's got a nasty infection of the stuff in a crator. Prime 2 see's you on a different planet that's reality has split in 2 from the Phazon. Phazon escapes that planet at the end.

srobert

macrumors 68020
Jan 7, 2002
Might be a good idea to delete the spoiler part when quoting. The darker "quote" background makes the spoilers visible. ;)

atszyman

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2003
The Dallas 'burbs
Might be a good idea to delete the spoiler part when quoting. The darker "quote" background makes the spoilers visible. ;)

or just modify the color....

normal posts don't quite have a white background and the "white" text can sometimes be seen if you squint hard enough, used to be worse (wonder if "white" has been redefined.

at any rate [color = #fafafa] will blend into posts like this

for quoting the color changes to [color = #eeeeee]
like this

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.