Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hugodrax

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 15, 2007
Would be a nice feature. A The apple logo moving aside and a Lion popping out of the grey background making a nice Roar on bootup. How do you recommend this feature to apple, I think it will be a nice addition.

bristleworm

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2008
Germany
Would be a nice feature. A The apple logo moving aside and a Lion popping out of the grey background making a nice Roar on bootup. How do you recommend this feature to apple, I think it will be a nice addition.

Nice idea. But the startup sound (which btw is not a startup-sound but the information for the user that the systems checked at startup are all working fine) doesn't have anything to do with the operating system. It is a sound that belongs to the Mac you are using, and it has changed a few times during the last 20 years.
The current sound was first introduced 13 years ago for the Power Macintosh 9600!
So obviously it could change once again… :)

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003

These guys may have an issue with that.

mgm_logo_sold.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.