Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deckard666

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 16, 2007
Falmouth
I am thinking of swapping up to an M2 Mini from my M1 MBPro - I use siri a lot but i see there is no mic in the mini - How do you lot do it ?

mini5apple

macrumors member
Jun 2, 2020
I wouldn’t bother

Anyone with An IQ over 80 can earn a 6figure salary using just an iPhone in 2023

Dittybopper

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2024
JD2015: I have not depended on SIRI but, for the heck of it I tried what works for me: I have a Bose QC35 II bluetooth headset which contains a microphone (my only source and I have used it once with my phone) and I often use it for listening on my computer. Using Bluetooth, I have it paired with my Mac mini 2. In Settings/Bluetooth I set the Bose... to "Connect". Then down to Setting/Sounds, I set it to "Input". At that time, just tapping on the headset with the mike and the response is shown on a bargraph in the settings display. Then I turned Siri on, called "Hey Siri" and got my response from the speaker in the M2. I thought I would have to use the combo F5/microphone key but it was not necessary.

I don't know if a microphone plugged into the back audio jack would work or not. Worth a try.

Good Luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.