Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fractalised

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2023
Hi everyone. Anyone else experience micro stutters when scrolling with the iphone 15 pro 15 pro max in my case). The general performance is great but when scrolling through apps like; safari, reddit, X, app store, and more third party apps the phone will stutter very briefly when scrolling. This should not be the case with a 120hz display and A17pro chip and I don't remember it being this choppy on my iphone 13 pro max.

Currently on ios 17.2.1

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
My 15PM doesn't have the issues your describing on Safari, App Store or any other native app. Out of all my 3rd party apps NHL is the only one that stutters but that app has been trash since the last few years. It's gotten so bad I don't even use it anymore. Im running 17.1.2..

c0g

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2024
Hi everyone. Anyone else experience micro stutters when scrolling with the iphone 15 pro 15 pro max in my case). The general performance is great but when scrolling through apps like; safari, reddit, X, app store, and more third party apps the phone will stutter very briefly when scrolling. This should not be the case with a 120hz display and A17pro chip and I don't remember it being this choppy on my iphone 13 pro max.

Currently on ios 17.2.1
I'm having the same issue, even now on 17.3. I never had this problem on my 13P

Fractalised

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2023
Yes 17.3 did not change anything for me.

To be a bit more specific, I mostly encounter it on non native apps .
For example Twitter/X and reddit loaded in safari is really smooth but the apps are really choppy for some reason.

shannonf

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2020
I’ve been noticing the stutters for a while now. I initially chalked it up to buggy apps but now I’m starting to wonder if it’s something with my actual iPhone

Reverend Benny

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2017
Europe
Can it be related to promotion? It shouldn't have these issues of course but what happens if you turn promotion and always on off?

HackMacDaddy

Cancelled
Dec 17, 2019
Hey guys, I wanted to let you know that I started getting micro stutters too on my 13 Mini. It‘s the first time ever I see this on a relatively modern iPhone. Battery is at 99%. Never had stutters on iOS 16 so it has to be an issue with 17 or at least some of it‘s updates. I couldn‘t believe my eyes.
I‘m already scared of iOS 18 and it‘s plethora of new bugs and performance issues that get stacked on top of the existing ones…

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.