Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Why don't you just buy an iKlear kit? It comes with the cleaning spray and both types of cloths (the smooth for applying the iKlear solution and the fuzzy for drying and buffing).

/fuzzy wuzzy was a bear

rhinosrcool

macrumors 68000
Sep 5, 2009
MN
By far the best microfiber cloths are from here:

http://www.shwamee.com

For the past 5 years, I have used these on all of my lcds, even my hdtv's screen. They are more expensive than ordinary ones, but they work a lot better. Also, they are fuzzy (except for the face cloth).

Also, the best stylus is the Roger-Wand from http://www.beststylus.com. Not only does it work better than the dagi and pogo stylus, but it keeps smudges to a minimum on your ipad. For some reason, you don't have to use much pressure to get good results. Also, even though the tip is wider than either the dagi or pogo, the wand produces a slimmer line.

Both the cloths and the stylus are musts for ipad owners.

Now, I need to find the best screen protector.

tekchic

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Have you tried the http://www.Zagg.com screen protector? from what I read they are the best of the best!

Hope that helps!

I have a Zagg on the iPad that belongs to our work team and it's got that orange peel effect. When I got my iPad, I had Ghost Armor installed from Best Buy and the guy did a brilliant job. When you put a nice Zagg install next to a Ghost Armor install, there's a big difference. I'd definitely recommend Ghost Armor over Zagg.

As far as microfiber cloths go, I bought the iKlear pack and use it on the Macbook Pro, iPhone 4, and iPad. I also recommend a "ShaggyMac" - I have one that's iPad-sized, and one that covers my keyboard on the MBP. Highest quality microfiber I've been able to find so far.

Here's the iPad sized one: http://www.shaggymac.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=18_19&products_id=223

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
For microfiber cloth I prefer the smooth cloths that are recommended for glass.

As for scrreen protector Power Support makes the best. Their anti-glare isn't bad but I prefer the Crystal Clear. I have one on my iPad and you can't even tell it is there. It was fairly easy to install if you have patience and take your time. I have no bumps, bubbles and no peeling. I tried the Zagg and had it professionally installed at the mall kiosk but hated it. It had a sticky feel which took away from the whole iPad swiping experience. I could also see red lines (stretch marks I'm told) in a few places when viewing screens with white backgrounds. I took it off in less than a week.

iAAPL

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2010
Wisconsin
I used to whip right through all of my devices with a Meguiar's Microfiber (fuzzy) cloth. It was incredible. I would just lightly "shake" the rag across the screen, and every little scuff/fingerprint would disappear. That has changed since I've installed my Zagg screen protectors. It doesn't work nearly as well as it used to, and I'm even getting a little fuzz left behind occasionally. I'm really tempted to let my iPad and iPhone 4 go naked again.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Radtech is FAST in delivering orders, too -- the other day I posted a comment about how much I like and use Radtech microfibre cloths (which are of Optex composition). I popped in to the Radtech site to see what was new and found that they had a RadSleevz for the iPad. Temptation.... I succumbed quickly. Got a couple of extra LenSavrz while I was at it, too. This morning the mailman arrived with my order and now my iPad is snugly encased in the RadSleevz. This is a great option for those times when you want some protection on the iPad but don't want a bulky case. A bonus that comes with this sleeve, of course, is that you can pull it off and wipe your iPad with it, too! :)

Herrow

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2008
I have a Zagg on the iPad that belongs to our work team and it's got that orange peel effect. When I got my iPad, I had Ghost Armor installed from Best Buy and the guy did a brilliant job. When you put a nice Zagg install next to a Ghost Armor install, there's a big difference. I'd definitely recommend Ghost Armor over Zagg.

As far as microfiber cloths go, I bought the iKlear pack and use it on the Macbook Pro, iPhone 4, and iPad. I also recommend a "ShaggyMac" - I have one that's iPad-sized, and one that covers my keyboard on the MBP. Highest quality microfiber I've been able to find so far.

Here's the iPad sized one: http://www.shaggymac.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=18_19&products_id=223

+1 for the ShaggyMac microfiber Screen Protectors and iPad Cleaning Cloth

HLW

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2010
I just use (eye)glasses cleaning cloths, I assume if they don't scratch glasses they won't scratch iPads either. They're always smooth I think, I've never seen fuzzy ones.

Dhelsdon

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2010
Canadian Eh!
I just use (eye)glasses cleaning cloths, I assume if they don't scratch glasses they won't scratch iPads either. They're always smooth I think, I've never seen fuzzy ones.

Same here, except mine is a full size cloth. Blue in colour, the fuzzy kind and it works great for cleaning my iPad and all my mac devices!

Also, you've got a 404 on your second link.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.