Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BanditoB

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 24, 2009
Chicago, IL
Anyone know if MS is working on bringing OneDrive to the AVP? Having the Office apps is great, but kinda useless if I can’t access my files.

tengorazon

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2012
I noticed this tonight as well. Fortunately, you can still access and save files on OneDrive through the apps themselves.

Reactions: G5isAlive

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
OneDrive is accessible through the 365 apps. Not sure if there will be a standalone version for reading other files. But with MDM support coming soon I think Microsoft may make OneDrive for Business available eventually.

kevin2577

macrumors newbie
Feb 17, 2011
Same question for Outlook. Outlook was on the list of AVP apps along with the other office apps, but unlike those it is only a "compatible" app.

Lobwedgephil

Contributor
Apr 7, 2012
Hopefully they do, you can access your OneDrive files through the apps for now though.

Last edited by a moderator:

BanditoB

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 24, 2009
Chicago, IL
Thanks for the tip. I haven’t actually tried any of he Office apps yet as I didn’t think I could access my files.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
Thanks for the tip. I haven’t actually tried any of he Office apps yet as I didn’t think I could access my files.
You can access a personal OneDrive account through the Microsoft 365 apps. I’m guessing that once AVP supports mobile device management that will expand to OneDrive for Business accounts.

Eugr

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2018
You can access a personal OneDrive account through the Microsoft 365 apps. I’m guessing that once AVP supports mobile device management that will expand to OneDrive for Business accounts.

I was able to open a document from my business account, so it is supported already.

subjonas

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2014
For now is there an iPad version of OneDrive available on VP? Is it almost as functional as a native version would be? Particularly I’m wondering if you can have several images/PDF/video/audio files/etc open simultaneously. Would really appreciate if a VP owner could check!

Last edited:

subjonas

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2014
For now is there an iPad version of OneDrive available on VP? Is it almost as functional as a native version would be? Particularly I’m wondering if you can have several images/PDF/video/audio files/etc open simultaneously. Would really appreciate if a VP owner could check!

Last edited:

fatTribble

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2018
Ohio
There is a OneDrive app that’s for the iPad but available on VP. Just make sure you’re not just limiting your search to native apps.

fatTribble

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2018
Ohio
I just tried it. I can’t see a way to open more than one. When you open anything it’s basically in the same window. Hopefully when this runs as a native app they’ll remedy that.

Reactions: subjonas

paulmeyers42

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2014
If you select the three dots next to a file there is an “Open in New Window” option. I just tried with some PDFs and it opened them up in new windows.

If you open an Office document, it opens in the main window but also gives you an option to open in the native app.

Give that a try.

subjonas

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2014
If you select the three dots next to a file there is an “Open in New Window” option. I just tried with some PDFs and it opened them up in new windows.

If you open an Office document, it opens in the main window but also gives you an option to open in the native app.

Give that a try.
Oh that’s great! But is it just kind of an iPad window where you split screen at most two files at one time? Or can you open up several files at once and place them anywhere in space? Would that only work for a native app?

fatTribble

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2018
Ohio

Give that a try.
Oh good find! I was looking for something like the 3 dots but totally missed it.
In a folder of photos I tried to open in a new window and got this:

1715772537672.jpeg

fatTribble

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2018
Ohio
I found some other file types. I was able to open a PDF, a Word document and an Excel spreadsheet all in separate windows. They are completely independent as you’d want and each have their own X to close. Hope that helps!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.