Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which is the best ecosystem to collaborate between iOS and Android?

• Total voters

talwarsirav

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 25, 2016
I have been using the Apple Ecosystem for a long time now.
I use an iPhone 6s Plus, an iPhone 6, an iPad Air 2 and an iMac for my small business.

Recently, I purchased a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.

What would be the best ecosystem for both Apple Devices and the Samsung Device to collaborate effectively, like Reminders, Notes, Email, Calendar etc.

Is it the Google Infrastructure or the Microsoft one?

PS : I have 105GB Microsoft OneDrive storage (I received free 100GB storage with the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge).

Thanks in advance.

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
I'm pretty sure the Notes and Reminders apps in iOS and Mac don't really have proper Google syncing that is equivalent to Exchange. Reminders isn't even an option to select for a Google account.

On the other hand I don't have a current Android device and couldn't say how or how well it connects to the same services in Exchange or what app you use to do it.

Reactions: talwarsirav

M. Gustave

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2015
Grand Budapest Hotel
I use Google calendar, contacts, Drive, Inbox, and Keep on my iPhone and iPad. They actually work far better than Apple's equivalent apps and iCloud syncing, even on their own devices. Google's syncing is flawless for me.

I also use MS OneDrive, but only for my Word and Excel files. And the sync occasionally has file versioning problems.

Reactions: Channan

mi7chy

macrumors G4
Oct 24, 2014
I use both Google and Microsoft services but have to give the edge to Google for quality, reliability, security and cross platform support. Also, switched domain registrar from GoDaddy to Google and it was quick and simple.

Last edited:

ozaz

macrumors 68000
Feb 27, 2011
On the Microsoft side I use Office, Exchange, OneNote, and Wunderlist. This is largely because these are central to my desktop/work computing.

If I didn't need to consider work-related stuff, and wanted to restrict myself largely to a single ecosystem on mobile, I'd go with Google. Mainly because I really like Gmail, Google Photos, and Google Maps. Although I might still use Wunderlist instead of Google reminders.

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
I have been using the Apple Ecosystem for a long time now.
I use an iPhone 6s Plus, an iPhone 6, an iPad Air 2 and an iMac for my small business.

Recently, I purchased a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.

What would be the best ecosystem for both Apple Devices and the Samsung Device to collaborate effectively, like Reminders, Notes, Email, Calendar etc.

Is it the Google Infrastructure or the Microsoft one?

PS : I have 105GB Microsoft OneDrive storage (I received free 100GB storage with the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge).

Thanks in advance.

I've never been impressed with Apple's offerings, even inside their own ecosystem and using all their hardware. I think Google and MS have MUCH better and much more universal solutions. For notes OneNote is phenomenal, especially if you have a stylus device. Email/Calendar/reminders I prefer Microsoft, but Google's offerings are decent. For cloud space I use OneDrive and GoogleDrive both extensively and like them both as well, icloud is junk IMO.

So no not a great answer, but I don't think you will go wrong either way. I'm not sure how those systems function on a Mac, so that may be your tie breaker. Although MS Office completely trounces Google's offerings, and they have a much better deal where you get Office 365 and a ton of OneDrive space for a pretty low price.

Reactions: talwarsirav
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.