Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LBM4

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 26, 2019
So, I got my invite today. Using my Note 10+ and a SteelSeries game controller, I was easiest able to play Halo 5! No hiccups, no frame rate drops, nothing. Played just like I was using an XBox One console. Pretty surprised!
I have 275gb per sec dL speeds via xfinity broadband at 5ghz, so all requirements for smooth gameplay are met.
Gotta say, I’m impressed, but there are only 4 games available right now.

anyone else playing?

Awesomesince86

macrumors 68020
Sep 18, 2016
Nah, I'm far more interested in Stadia. I think theres a good chance Stadia fails spectacularly but if it is a success is would be a game changer. I purchased a Founders Edition and should be able to get a good feel for the potential when it ships next month.

Xcloud I dont think is as ambitious due to still needing a console at final release (unless they changed something). Im sure it will work well and Microsoft obviously has more gaming experience, but the biggest factor in getting this to work is networking and cloud computing, both areas where Google has way more experience and infrastructure.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.