Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Still no VBA scroll wheel support or 'ToolTips' (I don't know what the proper Mac term for these is!)

Fourbin

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2004
Philadelphia, PA
Downloaded this last night and didn't even realize it was a major update. I don't see too many changes in the programs and everything is still running fine...

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
I wonder if this update is in preparation for Tiger? Good to hear the Microsoft is still trying to take care of its Mac customers.

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
Fourbin said:
Downloaded this last night and didn't even realize it was a major update. I don't see too many changes in the programs and everything is still running fine...
A lot of times, Microsoft service packs fix things you weren't even aware were problems. A service pack like this one likely incorporates a lot of fixes already accepted as hotfixes for corporate customers... once they build up enough of them, or once a certain amount of time has passed, they lump all of the fixes into a single package and release it to everyone. Sometimes (but not often), service packs also introduce new functionality... Windows XP SP-2, for example, has a lot of new features in it in addition to correcting a lot of other problems.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.