Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PapaGino

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 11, 2015
Londonderry NH
I always been wondering if i could upgrade my macs WIFI. I currently own a 2013 TC and sometimes backups can be dreadfully slow on wireless N. I doubt this is possible since in the photo it doesn't seam like a regular mini PCIe connector at all lol. This image is from iFixit so i dont know what year unibody 17in this really from.
FOoxwuBEpbgZZIm1.huge

JTToft

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2010
Aarhus, Denmark
This company claims to have developed a compatible AC part. I've heard of no one having actually received anything from them. One guy on the forum placed an order but cancelled after a few weeks when he'd heard nothing and they hadn't responded to enquiries.

PapaGino

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 11, 2015
Londonderry NH
This company claims to have developed a compatible AC part. I've heard of no one having actually received anything from them. One guy on the forum placed an order but cancelled after a few weeks when he'd heard nothing and they hadn't responded to enquiries.
Awe thats a little disappointing, it's a little pricey but still i think it would be worth it in the long run since my Dell with wireless AC backups blazing fast. That is interesting how the company has responded to his emails.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.