Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davidChief

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 9, 2006
Warwickshire, UK
On my mid 2011 MBA, there is very little transparency visible. For example, the window chrome and header is not transparent. Sidebars in Mail and Finder are transparent however.

On more modern Macs are people seeing full transparency like we saw in Apple's keynote?

profets

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
On my mid 2011 MBA, there is very little transparency visible. For example, the window chrome and header is not transparent. Sidebars in Mail and Finder are transparent however.

On more modern Macs are people seeing full transparency like we saw in Apple's keynote?

Was just noticing the same thing on a 2011 Macbook Air.

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.

The window/toolbar is slightly translucent (go to the apps folder and scroll up/down), but does not show the wallpaper through, but the sidebars do.

happyslayer

macrumors 65816
Feb 3, 2008
Glendale, AZ
I'm on a 2013 11" Air and mine doesn't really look very translucent either. I checked my settings and it is enabled. Maybe this is another feature that's not quite enabled like "Dark Mode" or something.

happyslayer

macrumors 65816
Feb 3, 2008
Glendale, AZ
An added note, mine is working. Drop down menus and search also is transparent. It's my window borders and my bar across the top that don't really show much transparency. Thanks for the above link showing how yours works... mine is the same.

01mggt

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2010
Seems to be the same on my 2011 MBA 13. I don't know if support for the Intel HD 3000 is just being limited or if it's just a beta bug. On the plus side it seems to run much snappier than Mavericks did on the same hardware!

SmOgER

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2014
Seems to be the same on my 2011 MBA 13. I don't know if support for the Intel HD 3000 is just being limited or if it's just a beta bug. On the plus side it seems to run much snappier than Mavericks did on the same hardware!

Are you sure about snappiness? Everyone seems to be complaining about the performance, including me. :p

It's not exactly laggy, but it's not as smooth as with Mavericks when it comes to scrolling/maximizing windows / switching desktops etc.

01mggt

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2010
Are you sure about snappiness? Everyone seems to be complaining about the performance, including me. :p

It's not exactly laggy, but it's not as smooth as with Mavericks when it comes to scrolling/maximizing windows / switching desktops etc.

It may sound odd but for some reason it seems smoother for me. I upgraded from Mavericks after doing a TM backup, so it;s not even a clean install.

dmccloud

macrumors 68030
Sep 7, 2009
Anchorage, AK

I haven't had any issues with responsiveness/snappiness on my machine. Animations actually seem to be a bit snappier, in fact. May be related to relative specs between different models.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.