Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bcaslis

macrumors 68020
Mar 11, 2008
Yes, mine did. I don't take this as a good sign. It tells me they are less sure about availability and delivery dates.

Baggio

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2012
Yes, mine did. I don't take this as a good sign. It tells me they are less sure about availability and delivery dates.

I agree. Removing a specific date as deadline for receiving the product implies a delay of some sort.

Eragon

macrumors newbie
Apr 4, 2007
Based on the above, I did a simple Google with the following:

Is there a delay in the ipad mini LTE

A number of blogs are now reporting speculations that Apple may not be able to fulfill this order in a timely manner.

Looks like nothing mysterious about the date change other than to tell customers supply will not meet demand, even for day one preorders.

reputationZed

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Based on the above, I did a simple Google with the following:

Is there a delay in the ipad mini LTE

A number of blogs are now reporting speculations that Apple may not be able to fulfill this order in a timely manner.

Looks like nothing mysterious about the date change other than to tell customers supply will not meet demand, even for day one preorders.

But then why still say Mid November? You can't go much latter than the 23rd and still call it 'mid'. I thought even the 23rd was a stretch. Random blog post of dubious accuracy aside I'm not all that worried about the change, just thought it odd and wondered if others were seeing the same. My thought was that the 23rd was a pessimistic date and that we would actually see our mini's shipping before that date.I read one post were the poster had been told by an Apple CSR that the mini should actually ship by the 16th ( which is incidentally a lot closer to what I'd consider 'mid').

Baggio

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2012
But then why still say Mid November? You can't go much latter than the 23rd and still call it 'mid'. I thought even the 23rd was a stretch. Random blog post of dubious accuracy aside I'm not all that worried about the change, just thought it odd and wondered if others were seeing the same. My thought was that the 23rd was a pessimistic date and that we would actually see our mini's shipping before that date.I read one post were the poster had been told by an Apple CSR that the mini should actually ship by the 16th ( which is incidentally a lot closer to what I'd consider 'mid').

It can ship anytime between the 15th and the 21st. The 23rd was latest it would be delivered, not shipped. Apple realized that they can't guarantee a delivery by the 23rd, so they removed it. If it potentially ships on the 21st, with Thanksgiving slowing shipping, it could potentially arrive later in the week of the 26th. Also, shipping from China is fast. Shipping from Brazil may not be as fast.

guitardave62000

macrumors regular
Oct 2, 2008
posted this in another thread, but when I asked a customer service rep, I was told there could be a potential delay because of hurricane Sandy.

See attached.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-10-30 at 4.25.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-10-30 at 4.25.48 PM.png
    208 KB · Views: 74

Baggio

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2012
What does Sandy have to do if the iPad is shipping from China UNLESS it's shipping to the east coast?

Most if not all FedEx packages are routed through Memphis, which could have a backlog due to the storm.

Plus, isn't the Mini made in Brazil? If coming from Brazil, my guess is they could be delayed due to Brazil, not being the best at shipping things out quickly as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.