Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

saxman211

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 12, 2010
I just updated to Mojave and my midi is not working correctly. There's no audio. In Logic, I can see that it's recognizing and telling me what chords I'm playing... but there's no sound. Can anyone help?

Wando64

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2013
Why do you think the problem is MIDI related? Are your speakers connected through MIDI?
If you select your internal speaker for the audio output, can you hear any sound?
Can you hear any other system sounds?

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
I just updated to Mojave and my midi is not working correctly. There's no audio. In Logic, I can see that it's recognizing and telling me what chords I'm playing... but there's no sound. Can anyone help?

Try create a new MIDI AU and drag the MIDI data to that stem. Does it now play?

Also try just playing anything with the musical keyboard (CMD + K) in a fresh stem. Anything there?
[doublepost=1540502218][/doublepost]Also do you use a DAC? The audio default might still be set for that.

idealtracks

macrumors member
Mar 4, 2014
I'm on Mojave, running latest Logic with an older Apogee Duet FW, and 2 midi USB devices: iRig keyboard and Logidy foot controller, all with no issues.

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Also OP, are you on Logic 10.4.2? I'm running that on Mojave with no issues.

I've seen occasional problems with MIDI before but it's literally just a case of creating a new track to troubleshoot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.