Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Will Apple bring the midnight finish to the MacBook Pro?

• Yes.

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • No.

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Unsure.

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters

DHagan4755

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 18, 2002
Massachusetts
There seems to be a mixed reaction to midnight mostly because of the fingerprints. Preferably the MacBook Pro's double anodized black keyboard well expanded to the rest of the enclosure would look better for the MacBook Pro. It would be nice if the anodized black had less of a sheen & was more matte. That would look stealth. But again, fingerprints might be a huge problem. So I'm not sure Apple would do this.

Thoughts?

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
Apple will use the leftover midnight finish paint for the Apple Car, and instead release a patterned finish for the MBP that resembles fingerprints.

DD88

Suspended
Jun 6, 2022
There seems to be a mixed reaction to midnight mostly because of the fingerprints. Preferably the MacBook Pro's double anodized black keyboard well expanded to the rest of the enclosure would look better for the MacBook Pro. It would be nice if the anodized black had less of a sheen & was more matte. That would look stealth. But again, fingerprints might be a huge problem. So I'm not sure Apple would do this.

Thoughts?
Can’t see it until they make it so that no fingerprints are on it. God forbid a human being has fingerprints that actually lifts a machine up with their hands…..the returns would be crazy but then again people who return a machine over fingerprints aren’t the people I’d associate with

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
I would love that finish on the MBP--or even any new color options. However, Apple seems to be set on making sure Space Gray and Silver are the only choices for Pro level computers right now.

Reactions: DHagan4755
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.