Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

insomniac321123

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
I bought a wireless mighty mouse back in august. The past week, though I have not been able to scroll down. I can scroll every other way. just not down. I've tries cleaning it to no avail. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to do? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
insomniac

aspro

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2005
Hobart, Australia
Hmm, that has happened a couple of times to me, though a clean has always fixed it. Though if cleaning it hasn't worked it's definitely a candidate for replacement.

insomniac321123

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
Where do I find a number for apple? And what am I going to need to send in with it to get a new one?

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
Where do I find a number for apple? And what am I going to need to send in with it to get a new one?
You can Call 1-800-MY-APPLE. Assuming they agree to replace it, they'll send you a new mouse in the mail, you'll place the broken mouse in the same box, attach the provided shipping label, and send it back (instructions will be provided).

It won't cost you any money assuming you return the mouse within (I think) 10 days.

SpookTheHamster

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2004
London
Just out of curiosity, do they check it when it gets back?

Mine does it every couple of days, but always sorts itself out again. I wouldn't want to send it back then get an angry letter from Apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.