Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ksylvestre

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 4, 2023
Hello All

I'm developing a cross-platform application and I'm looking for feedback from macOS users. With this application, you can search for text within files and for filenames themselves. It has been in development for a few months and now it's ready for public beta. There is a free demo for macOS in the provided link, the minimum system supported is OS X Mavericks 10.9. The demo is a universal binary so it is compatible with both arm and intel based systems

link to demo

Attachments

• preview.png
    preview.png
    118.9 KB · Views: 77

Basic75

macrumors 68000
May 17, 2011
Europe
Can this do anything that grep, find, mdfind and friends can't do in a shell with a couple of pipes? Does the use of imgui increase the processor load?

ksylvestre

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 4, 2023
Incremental searching of pattern text, i.e. restarting the search as soon as new text is entered. You can provide an editor command with $filepath, $line, and $column replacement strings so you can jump to a match via left clicking a row. This program is also NFD aware when it comes to filename matching. There is a processor cost associated with imgui but the majority of time is spent waiting for the next frame.

Reactions: Basic75
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.