Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cool11

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 3, 2006
I am not a web programmer but I managed to build some basic but rather good dynamic sites in the past, using Dreamweaver. Unfortunately, DW dropped many useful functions of the past regarding dynamic capabilities with automated routines, and also we have to face the change of web world, from ph5 to php7.
So, after discovering that my php5 code cannot run as is in a php7 environment, I am thinking if there are pages or tools, not to just help, but to try to automatically convert php5 code to php7 code.
My code is rather simplistic, but, I don't have the time or knowledge to do debugging or rewriting it by learning php or be even an amateur programmer. And I tested it and it does not work in a server with php7. Mysql can be automatically upgraded, so this is not a problem. But php code, cannot be handled like that in such a straightforward way, from what I know 'till now.

I have found this related article too,
https://auth0.com/blog/migrating-a-php5-app-to-7-part-three/
but even this seem to need some programming knowledge, rather than do it automatically, in the several tools suggested there.
I would like to find something, like copying php5 code and giving an output of php7 code.

So, is there any site or tool like the procedure I described above?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.