Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macpaul40

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2005
Hello all,
I have put in my order for the new Quad and have a Dell 24" ready and waiting for it. I am currently using tiger on a PCI G4 400mhz and am wondering if the Migration Assistant would successfully transfer all my dtp programs including quark 6.5 / Creative Suite 2 / font packages without the need of reinstalling same. I have 3rd party extensions in all software and they all run smoothly. Is it a simple matter or is there more to it I need to know.
Many thanks in advance

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Quark 6.5 will transfer but not run without being reactivated.
Not even a cloned HD and Quark install will run without activation.

Probably same with CS2 as well...

Macpaul40

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2005
thanks blue velvet

It was the only piece of software I was worried about and the folks at Quark X Press not been the most helpful over the years have surprised me with their new attitude. Must be the advent of the progress of In Design.
Mc

Sparky's

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2004
CS2 won't transfer either. I had that issue at home when, after speaking with Adobe and being assured I could do it, tried to download the 4 .dmg from the site but I couldn't get their site to recognize my computer. I was even given the password from Adobe, but no good.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.