Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rjtmacturner

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 2, 2008
:confused::confused:

What is the path for migrating apps and data from an OSX Tiger machine to an OSX Leopard Server?

There is no Migration Tool available that I can find that specifically says it will make this migration safely.

Help -- any advice or pathways will help.

Thanks in advance.....

:confused::confused:

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
You can upgrade in the usual way from 10.4.11. You can always make a clone of your Tiger server incase you come across any issues. You can export all (or individual) settings with the serveradmin command:

serveradmin settings all > server_settings.txt

You can also export service settings using Server Admin application. Select Server > Export > Service Settings. You can backup Open Directory through Server Admin (Archive pane).

rjtmacturner

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 2, 2008
Thanks Sky Blue - ;)

I do not have Tiger Server but just an eMac running 10.4.11. Can the migration tool be used to move apps and data. Moving the few settings I have will be no problem even if done manually.

Just do not want to go through all of the individual installs.

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
Oh, sorry. I misread.
Tiger Client to Leopard Server? I don't know.
Why run 10.5 Server on an eMac?

rjtmacturner

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 2, 2008
Not running it on an eMac. Running it on a Core Duo iMac. Just wanting to migrate apps and data from the eMac to the new iMac with Server.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.