Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dblessin

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2007
I'm in!

Hey my peeps!
I've got my 8 core Mac Pro w/ 6 gigs of RAM crunching for the cause.
:)

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
we moved up 12 spots to 181...ahead of microsoft now, ha. time to shoot for 150 then top 100 , go team macrumors

also, anyone here using a late 09-2010 imac with the radeon cards. doesn't seem like mine are being used but the wiki shows that they should be supported.

Meldar

macrumors regular
Hm, nope...trying to remember when compute 1.3 came out, though I doubt I could crunch MW@H on my dad's '06 white iMac. Although it IS on 24/7...

In other news, my contributions to PrimeGrid have now largely exceeded my MW@H ones...still trying to get a GPU for my home machine so I can follow the white rabbit.

All but totaled my Belkin cooling pad, too. :D (why am I proud of that?)

Meldar

macrumors regular
ooh ooh let's take on Reddit. :p

Once I get home (Friday) I'll see about getting 3 or 4 of my computers on the grid as well. Most likely I can get my dad's iMac crunching, as he never turns it off and also happens to love science. And he admits I know more about computers than he does.

On a different note, I've made the bold decision to build my own computer around hardcore gaming and super-efficient grid computing. If you're logged into Facebook, click here to see a list of parts I wanna put in it...if you're interested.

Glad to see the MW@H MacRumors team is taking off! We have 14 members now, 3 of whom haven't yet done anything (but that's ok). I've taken it upon myself to create MacRumors teams in other projects like eOn, PrimeGrid, Collatz, and Pirates@Home - there is already one for Einstein - so if you do any of those projects, why not join MacRumors there as well? :)

NullCoding

grooveattack

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2008
we are doing well! any tips out there?
i normally leave my pro on over night, crunching the numbers while i sleep.
annoyed i did not opt for the 5870 now!

WMD

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2013
Florida, USA
Hey people!

We need some power here! Our team is not even ranked anymore... :(

Our active members

Strong GPUs are welcome! ;)

Just noticed this thread. I joined! And the team *is* ranked, at #249. Still one spot ahead of Microsoft :p

However, my MBP has an unsupported 9400M GPU, and I run BOINC with very conservative settings to keep heat and fan noise down. Also my gaming PC (GTX 560) is running something else right now, but I'll see what I can do.

WMD

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2013
Florida, USA
Hmm, seems this is dead thread. Too bad. I just activated this project on my aforementioned GTX 560 desktop last night. So now I'm doing as much work in a day as I did in a few months prior. :D

The macrumors.com team is currently ranked #361 in Recent Average Credit, and #260 in Total Credit.

Mayari

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2012
Interesting project! If it's still active, I might try it out since I've done some of Folding@home.

WMD

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2013
Florida, USA
Yep, still plugging along. (I'm having trouble connecting to the website at this moment, but it was up this morning.)

I had it running 24/7 on my GTX 560 desktop, which allowed me to march right up the leaderboard ;) but I've had stability issues with the card, so I've turned off the GPU component and have it on two cores of an i7-2600.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.