Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

minik

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
somewhere
I searched the forum a few times and couldn't come up with an answer, went through the macOS Monterey Keyboard system preferences as well as Accessibility.

After receiving the Apple Studio Display, I put the 14" MacBook Pro in clamshell mode, paired with the current Magic Keyboard and Magic Mouse. Since Apple replaced the eject media key to lock, the control+eject key functionality is completely gone. I downloaded BetterTouchTool and it's quite overwhelming for this task. I re-paired the older Apple wireless keyboard and the eject key wasn't even on the virtual keyboard viewer. True that ejecting physical media era is long gone, but this little control+eject key combination and bring up this dialog box should still be valid.

control_eject.png

jeffhayford

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2007
I would also like to know a solution to this. Just got a touch id keyboard but no more control eject as an option.

da4

macrumors newbie
Dec 22, 2022
Chicago, IL
Using version 3.981 of BetterTouchTool on macOS Ventura 13.1, I was able to add a new Keyboard Shortcut with Assigned Actions > System Actions > Sleep Display. Works as expected, easily done.

minik

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
somewhere
Using version 3.981 of BetterTouchTool on macOS Ventura 13.1, I was able to add a new Keyboard Shortcut with Assigned Actions > System Actions > Sleep Display. Works as expected, easily done.
I'll give it try! Thank you.

Downloaded BTT and got the new shortcut keys to work. :)

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.