Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LOLZpersonok

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 10, 2012
Calgary, Canada
I think this is the best fitting forum for this thread since it has to do with games.

I got Minecraft to work on my PowerMac G4 MDD. The game itself works and the main menu animations play out smoothly, but when I get into actual gameplay, it's very, very, very choppy and slow. I'd say I average about 3-6 FPS on average, which is weird since my PowerMac has better specs than my Dell Latitude laptop from about 2004 (which has a single-core Intel Celeron @ 1.3GHz and only 512MB of RAM, garbage processor) and it performs better on my Dell (12-15 FPS on ave.) :\. Both have the same amount of video memory, which is 64MB.

My PowerMac G4 is the MDD model; Dual PowerPC G4's running at 1.25GHz each and maxed out at 2GB of RAM and is running on OS X 10.4.11.

How can I make Minecraft run faster on my PowerMac G4, is there any way?

Silverrune

macrumors regular
Oct 2, 2011
A simple answer: Install the mod Optifine. Just google Optifine Minecraft. Not to tough to install. You will be able to find a tutorial on youtube/google. Other than that, try turning down the settings in the options. Others: None. That's all you can do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.