Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

taxi_driver

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 26, 2017
i recently bought a mini 5, and haven’t had luck finding a case that folds back neatly similar to a smart folio. realize less is available p, but wondering what other people have that I could still order from amazon (based in usa)

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
When you say, "folds back neatly", what are you referring to? I have a few full cases for my Mini 5 and they all fold back... (though I only use smart covers with it).

taxi_driver

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 26, 2017
When you say, "folds back neatly", what are you referring to? I have a few full cases for my Mini 5 and they all fold back... (though I only use smart covers with it).

meaning the front cover folds and attaches to the back magnetically, rather than dangling off. my smart folio for the ipad pro does this

OlesyaPetrova

Suspended
Mar 20, 2023
i recently bought a mini 5, and haven’t had luck finding a case that folds back neatly similar to a smart folio. realize less is available p, but wondering what other people have that I could still order from amazon (based in usa)
There are a lot of suitable options for your model.

emembee

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2013
Surrey,UK
Also just got refurb Mini 5. Are there any keyboard cases that work with it or good folio cases for portrait model that I can hol or have at an angle, my preferred usage is portrait (but would switch modes as needed). Biggest complaint so far is nowhere to stash pencil 1 else this is a great little device to complement my Air. Thanks.

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
Also just got refurb Mini 5. Are there any keyboard cases that work with it or good folio cases for portrait model that I can hol or have at an angle, my preferred usage is portrait (but would switch modes as needed). Biggest complaint so far is nowhere to stash pencil 1 else this is a great little device to complement my Air. Thanks.
I have the Zagg keyboard case for my Mini 5.

It turns it into one of those old EeePC netbook type devices. 😂 I really enjoy the variety of options for the Mini 5.

As for Pencil storage with it, I've had good success with one of these:

When there's no pencil it it, it lays nearly perfectly flat.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.