Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ellen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 3, 2007
I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but I noticed today that the Smart Cover for the Mini 5 is slightly smaller than the version for the Mini 4 (which has a very slight overhand over the side of the Mini), and the thin silicone inserts between the panels and on the left side with the magnetic attachment are a bit more rigid. I purchased a new Smart Cover for the Mini 4 on eBay and it definitely fits, but I think the new version attaches a bit more securely. I wondered if anyone else has had this experience. Thanks.
[doublepost=1554390253][/doublepost]Sorry that this is not in the accessories forum. If I can figure out how to move it, I will.

Loge

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2004
England
I expect the overhang on the mini 4 covers was for it to fit with the back covers that they used to sell but no longer do. Good that it still works though.

Ellen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 3, 2007
That makes sense. I would not have noticed it if I had not purchased a new cover today.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.