Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dgdosen

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 13, 2003
Seattle
So, Beta 3 rolls around and I figure it's probably stable enough to load onto my mini 6. For me, it's not a critical device like the phone, although I'm sure I use it more than my phone. Personally, since I like and use the pencil with Notes, I was intrigued by the AI driven "Handwriting Straightening Feature". Spoiler - meh - keep at it, Apple.
But I discovered something while using a vertically scrolling website with lots of horizontal lines - like macrumors forums:

Jelly scrolling is gone in portrait mode.

There's still, what is to me, the bigger issue of refresh-rate-induced-choppy scrolling because of 60Hz - but the beta (beta 3?) seems to have corrected the issue with software. The only way I could ever see it is if I switched between scrolling up and down at a fast pace... and if I do that, I can no longer see the jelly.

Anyone else want to confirm or deny with their experience?

jimmy_uk

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2015
UK
Is it possible to mitigate some of the jelly effect with software? It is a combination of hardware and software that gives us our image. I'm interested to find out, need some video or other users' experience.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.