Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LibbyLA

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2017
(Apologies for the bad lighting.) I’ll start with a photo of my purple Mini 6 in the English Lavender Apple Smart Folio and the Tomtoc sleeve. I used Washi tape on the pencil so I can tell this new one from my older one.

C23AE7CC-2942-4CB0-B2B8-91F810CE7024.jpeg

Next is a picture of the Mini 6 in the Apple cover next to the Torro black leather cover. The Apple cover weights 104-105 g (427 g for Mini 6, pencil, cover, matte screen protector), the Torro cover weighs 161 grams (482 g for Mini 6, pencil, cover, matte screen protector). The leather cover does have a nice feel, but I’m not sure you can tell much difference between it and some synthetic covers. It does smell like leather although the smell is not strong. The Torro case/Mini 6/pencil do fit in the TomToc sleeve without having to squeeze it in to make it fit.

I will probably use the Apple cover at home and the Torro cover when I’m out since the flap adds extra security for the pencil.

E1CA76ED-DE8A-4487-A402-5509066AB1EA.jpeg

Other cases I have:

DTTO hard back (140 g): I like this case the least. I like the color but the hard corners are a little uncomfortable when inserting and removing the Mini 6.

Moko TPU (142 g): This one goes on and off easily. The material of the front cover has a very fine-grained slight texture.

Soke rugged (157 g): The one I got came with a flaw in the built-in screen protector. I wish I could find one without the pencil slot. This or a similar case is what I’ll use when I take the Mini 6 out with me when I run my trail cameras. It’s a dirty, rugged environment so I want a stout case with a built-in screen protector.

Aka757

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2016
Houston
I just ordered the Torro case for the iPad Pro 12.9 so it’s nice to see what it looks like. I’ve read that the magnets aren’t that strong - any thoughts on that? I’m guessing you didn’t notice anything since you didn’t mention it?

LibbyLA

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2017
I just ordered the Torro case for the iPad Pro 12.9 so it’s nice to see what it looks like. I’ve read that the magnets aren’t that strong - any thoughts on that? I’m guessing you didn’t notice anything since you didn’t mention it?
I just got mine and haven’t used it. Plus, magnet strength when dealing with a Mini 6 is probably not nearly as important as when dealing with something as big as the iPP 12.9.

Neil.gtis

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2021
England
(Apologies for the bad lighting.) I’ll start with a photo of my purple Mini 6 in the English Lavender Apple Smart Folio and the Tomtoc sleeve. I used Washi tape on the pencil so I can tell this new one from my older one.

View attachment 1862646

Next is a picture of the Mini 6 in the Apple cover next to the Torro black leather cover. The Apple cover weights 104-105 g (427 g for Mini 6, pencil, cover, matte screen protector), the Torro cover weighs 161 grams (482 g for Mini 6, pencil, cover, matte screen protector). The leather cover does have a nice feel, but I’m not sure you can tell much difference between it and some synthetic covers. It does smell like leather although the smell is not strong. The Torro case/Mini 6/pencil do fit in the TomToc sleeve without having to squeeze it in to make it fit.

I will probably use the Apple cover at home and the Torro cover when I’m out since the flap adds extra security for the pencil.

View attachment 1862647

Other cases I have:

DTTO hard back (140 g): I like this case the least. I like the color but the hard corners are a little uncomfortable when inserting and removing the Mini 6.

Moko TPU (142 g): This one goes on and off easily. The material of the front cover has a very fine-grained slight texture.

Soke rugged (157 g): The one I got came with a flaw in the built-in screen protector. I wish I could find one without the pencil slot. This or a similar case is what I’ll use when I take the Mini 6 out with me when I run my trail cameras. It’s a dirty, rugged environment so I want a stout case with a built-in screen protector.
Hi what did you use to hold the pencil
In place
Neil

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.