Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrXiro

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2007
Los Angeles
Looks a little thick for my tastes... but I like the price! Even at 7 bucks it's probably worth it.

Would like to hear more thoughts on this case.

School tech guy

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2012
Cheap one replaced

does it have smartcover function?

I bought the $1.98 one. The manufacturer imediately sent an email
stating that it did not have the auto on and off feature but i could
choose between 2 other cases that did, for free. They even said to keep
the first one.

bagelmaker

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2012
Help, I can't decide. I got the non- sleep/wake one and love it. And now I get to choose my replacement. I kind of just want this one replaced with the feature, but I like the idea of a different option. I also have a Smart Cover and stopped using it because it keeps falling down while on the stand.

Someone decide for me...

LSUtigers03

macrumors 68020
Apr 9, 2008
Did any of you get the other replacement case yet? How did you like it?

I got my replacement yesterday. I picked the alternate case they offered. The sleep/wake functions work great and the case is really thin. I like it a lot. You can't beat 2 great cases for $1.98.

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
Just ordered one. $10 with overnight shipping (Friday). I have this same case for my Nexus 7 and iPad 3, so I'm very happy to get one for my mini.

spmiz12

macrumors regular
Nov 17, 2009
Bought this for 6.95, recieved it and think its great for my application. It's a great compliment to my iPad mini..... More then worth the price......

Scott

james92se

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
Dallas, TX
Just got mine. It's surprisingly high quality.

What's up with the thin elastic strap, though? I assume it's to keep the top cover tight against the back when you have it folded back, but to get it to work it covers some of the screen. Am I doing it wrong? :confused:

*edit* it would be nice if there were magnets that held the front cover to the back when it's flipped around. I wonder if any similar cases do this?

cbronfman

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2008
Washington DC
Thank you for the info on this case for the mini

I did pay the "full" $6.98, but the case fits perfectly and does what I want it to do. I had pre-ordered the Marware CEO Hybrid for the mini, but this case is virtually identical, about $32 cheaper and available now. I saw this thread Tuesday - ordered the case, it came Wednesday, and my iPad Mini came today. Great case. Now I'm trying to cancel the other.

bagelmaker

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2012
I couldn't decide which way to go for my replacement. I ordered the slimmer Smart Cover like case. But since I really want the sleep wake feature I think I might order a second of the original case, I really like that one too.

hyteckit

Jul 29, 2007
Just got mine. It's surprisingly high quality.

What's up with the thin elastic strap, though? I assume it's to keep the top cover tight against the back when you have it folded back, but to get it to work it covers some of the screen. Am I doing it wrong? :confused:

*edit* it would be nice if there were magnets that held the front cover to the back when it's flipped around. I wonder if any similar cases do this?

You don't know how to use the elastic strap?

It snaps to the front screen. Then pull the strap in the middle and wrap it around the back, over the latch. It won't cover your screen.

james92se

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
Dallas, TX
You don't know how to use the elastic strap?

It snaps to the front screen. Then pull the strap in the middle and wrap it around the back, over the latch. It won't cover your screen.

Wow, I feel like an idiot. I now see it even shows that in the picture on Amazon lol. Thanks!

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Just got the Mini a few days ago. I just ordered one of these and will get free shipping delivered Tuesday.

Thanks!

dthmtlgod

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2007
Syracuse, NY
Received my replacement hard shell. Very impressed with it. Smart Cover works great. Can't really say a bad thing. Best free case I ever received.

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
Received mine ($6.90-something). Works great. Smart Cover function works perfectly. My only real complaint is that the loop for the stylus isn't in the best spot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.