Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Matth3w

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 24, 2008
Well this is incredibly disappointing. I have a mini and updated to 7. Now doing things like going back to the home screen is choppy. Unlike on my iPhone 5 which isn't at all choppy. Anyone else experiencing this?

Matth3w

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 24, 2008
Not sure if I've figured it out but it seems to be an issue with the gestures - like if I go back to the home screen with the button not as bad as if I use gestures to close (four finger pinch)

stevemiller

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2008
Same on ipad 3. 4 finger pinch to home screen is very choppy, but pressing the home button makes the animation totally smooth. Likely a programming glitch and not a hardware deficiency. Hopefully if a few of us submit a bug report on the matter, Apple fix it in a point one update. It does seem like the iPad version of the OS got a little less polish.

Matth3w

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 24, 2008
Ah, yes. My issue lied within the fact that for some reason my updates for watched threads and the like on here were hitting my spam filter.

----------

Same on ipad 3. 4 finger pinch to home screen is very choppy, but pressing the home button makes the animation totally smooth. Likely a programming glitch and not a hardware deficiency. Hopefully if a few of us submit a bug report on the matter, Apple fix it in a point one update. It does seem like the iPad version of the OS got a little less polish.

Sadly I almost exclusively use hand gestures now...never did before, but I got used to it.

iAmirul

macrumors regular
May 8, 2013
Singapore

thats exactly what i noticed too! But other than that its great

Poly

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2013
Germany
I also have this on my Mini!
When i go back to home screen with 4finger gesture the first part of the animation is smooth, the second half is kind of laggy.

zbarvian

macrumors 68010
Jul 23, 2011
Graphics performance everywhere is down, even though the animations are markedly simpler. Slowly sliding to unlock produces lag, and all it's doing is moving some numbers and text horizontally!

Quercus Alba

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2013
Does the iPad Mini have background gaussian blur when using Notification Centre and Control Centre?

On my iPad 2 - which has identical specs to the Mini - there is NO background blur at all in NC or CC.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.