Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nbd1790

macrumors 6502
Jan 2, 2017
New York
I think the Plus will wind up selling better than the Mini. The 14 just doesn't make any sense. Let's call it what it is, its a 13.

I see a lot of people with Plus sized phones since they started offering them a while back. I'm a current Mini user coming from using the standard sizes since they were available. As someone mentioned earlier in the thread, 5.8 is the sweet spot (for me at least).

Reactions: DeepIn2U

Unami

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2010
Austria
One nice and easy word that everyone understands and very much like to use... Zoom. The Pro models all sold out on pre-order that says a lot about what people now prefer.
sure, but most people I know just pinch to zoom, and have no clue how that works (and don‘t care if it‘s just a digital crop).

Reactions: ian87w and Chidoro

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
I think most people here are right, the Plus will sell more but I think it being released weeks after the 14 and 14 pro that will hurt it's sales. Lot's of people couldn't wait and ended up buying another version I feel.
The only advantage now for Plus is the PM is still way backordered and I still see them on instore inventory very rarely and they disappear instantly or are gold and silver TB

Six0Four

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 27, 2020
So the difference between those two 6.7" is just $200
Differences Pro over Plus
-better brighter display
-better camera system, ability to take ProRaw and macro photography
-video Prores and macro
-slightly faster Ram
-slightly faster SoC
-slightly more compact bec of slightly smaller borders
-option for 1T ssd

If you really think the average person is gonna notice any of these things you're trippin.

Also the iPhone 14 Plus is lighter but also has better battery life, comes in more colours and is $300 cheaper in countries like Canada.

Reactions: Chidoro and kp98077

iBought

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2010
Problem is if you’re willing to give up .6” screen and fork over $100 more you’ll get a vastly superior iPhone Pro. I bet the Plus goes on sale quick as Apple botched the launch and most people probably forgot it existed.
Vastly superior? I haven't really seen any benchmarks that show that.

Ryan1524

macrumors 68020
Apr 9, 2003
Canada GTA
Plus will sell very well over time.

The hoopla and early adopter frenzy during launch month is always going to outshine the standard line. But we're in the minority of users.

• Haha
Reactions: DeepIn2U
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.