Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 15, 2005
I was just wanting to check if anyone else noticed that very shortly after last Tuesday, the mini 13 disappeared everywhere.

Amazon had any color stock with Cricket service, pulled within a couple days.

Best Buy's selection quickly marked unavailable (I have an outstanding order at Best Buy not sure I want to keep, but it just stays stuck at processing).

ATT zero stock.

It seems like Apple reclaimed what retailers had. I guess they reclaim em to use for service replacements and it helps to let them end production? I don't know, just found it interesting they were pulled everywhere.

I have a mini 12 and mini 13. I like using them in bed and when traveling. lol. I use a Pro Max day to day.

The red I have on order at Best Buy seems redundant, so I can't decide what to do, but it would be the last sealed mini I'd ever have. If I do succeed in using these for years, the extra red would be good if my battery depletes and I don't want to hassle with replacement / enough time goes by that Apple stops battery service.

Did anyone else order somewhere or at Apple.com the night before announcements and have received their orders?

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
The 13 mini was still available on Verizon after the keynote (granted, most configurations were out of stock). They even added some of the other colors/capacities when I checked again on September 15 (probably stock pulled from retail stores).

Alas, seems to be gone now. Probably just sold out quickly after Apple discontinued production.

Reactions: powerbook911

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 15, 2005
The 13 mini was still available on Verizon after the keynote (granted, most configurations were out of stock). They even added some of the other colors/capacities when I checked again on September 15 (probably stock pulled from retail stores).

Alas, seems to be gone now. Probably just sold out quickly after Apple discontinued production.

Thanks! I never looked at Verizon, so it was nice to hear how it unfolded there. :)

bevsb2

Contributor
Nov 23, 2012
I was just wanting to check if anyone else noticed that very shortly after last Tuesday, the mini 13 disappeared everywhere.

Amazon had any color stock with Cricket service, pulled within a couple days.

Best Buy's selection quickly marked unavailable (I have an outstanding order at Best Buy not sure I want to keep, but it just stays stuck at processing).

ATT zero stock.

It seems like Apple reclaimed what retailers had. I guess they reclaim em to use for service replacements and it helps to let them end production? I don't know, just found it interesting they were pulled everywhere.

I have a mini 12 and mini 13. I like using them in bed and when traveling. lol. I use a Pro Max day to day.

The red I have on order at Best Buy seems redundant, so I can't decide what to do, but it would be the last sealed mini I'd ever have. If I do succeed in using these for years, the extra red would be good if my battery depletes and I don't want to hassle with replacement / enough time goes by that Apple stops battery service.

Did anyone else order somewhere or at Apple.com the night before announcements and have received their orders?
I ordered a Mini 13 from the Apple Store for pick up 2 days before it was discontinued. I wanted green and there was 1 green available at only one of the 3 stores within an hour of me. I got an Apple leather case for it on Amazon. I'm using a Mini 12 as a second phone and putting the Mini 13 away until needed. I love the Mini, but it's easier for my to read on the Pro because of "old" eyes.

Reactions: powerbook911

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 15, 2005
I ordered a Mini 13 from the Apple Store for pick up 2 days before it was discontinued. I wanted green and there was 1 green available at only one of the 3 stores within an hour of me. I got an Apple leather case for it on Amazon. I'm using a Mini 12 as a second phone and putting the Mini 13 away until needed. I love the Mini, but it's easier for my to read on the Pro because of "old" eyes.

Glad you were able to grab one while you could!

Reactions: bevsb2
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.