Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The point and shoot pro

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 12, 2023
I am currently working on my home server being built out of a Acer AC100 mini server. I am planning on installing a PCI-E expansion card to carry the 512gb SSD for the OS/server drive. Then I will be installing 4 18tb HDD in the 4 hotswap bays. I will also be installing 16gb of DDR3 ram in the system as well. it currently is running with an intel xeon chip. Once completed it should be a perfect NAS server for my family and our businesses. Pics to come soon.

Reactions: rm5

rm5

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2022
United States
I am currently working on my home server being built out of a Acer AC100 mini server. I am planning on installing a PCI-E expansion card to carry the 512gb SSD for the OS/server drive. Then I will be installing 4 18tb HDD in the 4 hotswap bays. I will also be installing 16gb of DDR3 ram in the system as well. it currently is running with an intel xeon chip. Once completed it should be a perfect NAS server for my family and our businesses. Pics to come soon.
What an awesome project!! I was just talking to someone the other day who did something similar with a larger form factor system, and said that it worked great. I’ve also built a number of NAS systems out of ProLiant and PowerEdge boxes.

Building a NAS is the way to go—it’s so much more cost effective!

The point and shoot pro

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 12, 2023
I can't remember what the name of the software is I am going to be using, I know it's free for basic use. I have it listed on another forum. Just floating out of my brain right now. It works great as many I know use it.

Reactions: rm5
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.