Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Timo_Existencia

Contributor
Original poster
Jan 2, 2002
I need the bare minimum grip cover.

I went to the Apple store to try out the incase silicone covers, and was amazed at how "bulky" they felt. They added significant heft to the iPad, the edges didn't feel like the adhered very well to the iPad, and perhaps worst of all, the silicone was slippery, not grippy.

My new fantasy cover? A rubber-band like strap that form-fits around the edge of the iPad, adding a bit more grip and providing a bit of edge protection.

In the meantime, tell me which rubber/silicone covers are the best, minimalist.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
A little heft is good for a case. Makes it much easier to hold for extended periods of time.

Timo_Existencia

Contributor
Original poster
Jan 2, 2002
A little heft is good for a case. Makes it much easier to hold for extended periods of time.

Hmmm…not sure I agree. The iPad has plenty of "heft" to it already. But, if that's what you want? There seem to be plenty of hefty cases on the market.

As for me? Minimalist please.

h00ligan

macrumors 68040
Apr 10, 2003
London
Putting a skin on from bestskinsever not only adds scratch protection but also will help will grip ass well. The downside is it dissent provide drop protection. That said the drop protection was a bigger deal with the iPhone sliding out of a pocket.

Dorkington

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2010
I'm really enjoying Apple's leather cover, although I know thats not specifically what this thread is about... might want to give it a try?

Timo_Existencia

Contributor
Original poster
Jan 2, 2002
I'm really enjoying Apple's leather cover, although I know thats not specifically what this thread is about... might want to give it a try?

I played with the Apple cover at the Store (btw, it's not leather), and really didn't like it. 1) Sharp edges, 2) I don't want to deal with a flap all the time and 3) it seemed poorly made.

I'll check out bestskinsever.com and see what I think. Anyone have these for their iPhone? Feedback?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.