Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dchoco

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 14, 2023
i wanted to get a frosted case for my 15 pro, but it seems like most of the minimalist case out there are very slippery?

i bought a Bare Naked case and it is super slippery, worse than just holding my iphone without any case at all.

caudabe veil (based on 14 pro reviews) are also slippery.

any other options out there ?

Bradyy91

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2023
Probably all going to be slippery due to the materials used to produce a frosted case. Perhaps go a different route and check out something like ghost armor? They make a back protector that is frosted (matte) and will add some grip to the phone.

swerve147

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2013
This is my go to Veil alternative:

Quite happy with it, especially how cheap ($) it is compared to the veil and others. Nice matte texture and great fit.

It probably isn't as durable as though, bear in mind.

EDIT: it's probably as slippery as a veil. But it is cheaper ($) if you want to give it a shot and Amazon returns are super easy.

Reactions: dchoco

Synomenon

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2011
Totallee Frosted Magsafe Case:

Reactions: dchoco

trainyourhuman

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2012
This is my go to Veil alternative:

Quite happy with it, especially how cheap ($) it is compared to the veil and others. Nice matte texture and great fit.

It probably isn't as durable as though, bear in mind.

EDIT: it's probably as slippery as a veil. But it is cheaper ($) if you want to give it a shot and Amazon returns are super easy.
I tried the Memumi - unfortunately it does not clear the screen protector I was using and I didn't like that feel. Otherwise it was great.

Reactions: swerve147

evereev33

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2023
araree Aero Frame Designed for iPhone 15 Pro Case, Compatible with MagSafe, Hard PC Slim Protective Translucent Matte Non-Slip Full-Body Shockproof Phone Case for iPhone 15 Pro Case - Clear Matt https://www.amazon.com/araree-Compatible-Protective-Translucent-Shockproof/dp/B0CJ8ZBN9H

I got this case yesterday, and love it. It’s not perfect but it’s frosted with a slight soft touch feel and can still see the phone. Not the most protective but more than totallee, less than a silicone case.

Biggest downsides: minimal screen lip with a screen protector, buttons rattle a little, no coating under buttons to prevent scratches.

ISKOTB

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2011
Florida
araree Aero Frame Designed for iPhone 15 Pro Case, Compatible with MagSafe, Hard PC Slim Protective Translucent Matte Non-Slip Full-Body Shockproof Phone Case for iPhone 15 Pro Case - Clear Matt https://www.amazon.com/araree-Compatible-Protective-Translucent-Shockproof/dp/B0CJ8ZBN9H

I got this case yesterday, and love it. It’s not perfect but it’s frosted with a slight soft touch feel and can still see the phone. Not the most protective but more than totallee, less than a silicone case.

Biggest downsides: minimal screen lip with a screen protector, buttons rattle a little, no coating under buttons to prevent scratches.

It looks nice and I actualy like the minimum screen lip but for the rest of the downside no.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.