Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thewhitehart

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 9, 2005
The town without George Bailey
I have an iPhone 7 and just installed iOS 12. I noticed in my iCloud settings that there are two switches for Reminders. I tried shutting one off, both off, closing out the Settings and Reminders apps, and resetting. Both switches are still there. Has anyone else noticed this?

jtshs256

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2012
The second switch is probably triggered by enabling “remind me at a location” option in Reminders app.
Uninstalling Reminders app resolves the problem in iOS 11, but unfortunately the solution fails to work with iOS 12.

thewhitehart

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 9, 2005
The town without George Bailey
The second switch is probably triggered by enabling “remind me at a location” option in Reminders app.
Uninstalling Reminders app resolves the problem in iOS 11, but unfortunately the solution fails to work with iOS 12.
Hmm... interesting. I often use “remind me at a time” but not location. I had one reminder with “remind me at a time” set when I installed iOS 12. I cleared the reminder before troubleshooting the issue, but no luck.

Oh well. It doesn’t seem to affect reminder syncing. Funny, I’m using the same iCloud account on my iPad that I updated to iOS 12, but the iPad didn’t have the problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.