Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Marble

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 13, 2003
Tucson, AZ
After installing Panther, a couple of the dialogs no longer "slide" as smoothly as they used to. This include the preference panes, after selecting one of the parts off of the main screen, and the slide that happens after selecting a user in the log-in list. This 'aint serious, but is there a reason that after cleanly installing Mac OS 10.3, the slide is more of a jagged hop? Graphics card drivers, maybe?

Thanks.

mainstreetmark

macrumors 68020
May 7, 2003
Saint Augustine, FL
Re: Minor GUI Question

It's the new style actually. It like shoots straight forward for a bit, and then, as if gravity grabs it, it falls straight down.

It's different than in Jag.

Marble

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 13, 2003
Tucson, AZ
Nope, I'm talking about the square text fields that readjust themselves to their contents. Try opening System Preferences and then clicking on one of the options to see what I mean. The new style is great, but I don't think that this is part of the new effects.

j33pd0g

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2003
Central NY
I have a GUI problem where info boxes stay on the screen and won't go away. You know if you hover over something that brings up an info text box. I have a 1.25 dp G4 with 768 MB of ram. This should not be happening. Anybody else? I did a clean install too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.