Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
Following, because I'm in the same boat

in looking Monarch appears to be similar, and seems to be well reviewed. it's $15/mo or $100/yr, it does support import from mint, and they are offering one free month trial and then 50% off the first year with the mint import. (banner at the top of page for code and details)

---- edit

doing the monarch sign up.
one thing they don't mention, you can export from mint, then import that, It will give you a list of all of your accounts pulled from that import list, and on the screen where you match mint account to monarch account, it's got the option on that screen to add the account to monarch

if you have multiple accounts, and many years in mint, like I do, for the import, I recommend going into mint, selecting the transactions for one account, then exporting, then import that one account into monarch. it went a bit better. My original export was close to 10,000 lines, and never fully completed. just my main "daily driver" credit card was about 9k of that, did that one on it's own and it took a bit to process before the page returned.

also my chase credit cards showed up as a positive amount, there's a setting in the account to flip that.

and there's a setting on real estate and things like that, to "hide from cashflow and budgets" so things like your house don't make it look like you gained the entire value of your house this month.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.