Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ozaz

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 27, 2011
What are the various solutions for mirroring an iOS device to a Windows PC (displaying the iOS device screen on the PC)?

Does anyone have a recommended app/service?

Thanks

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
What are the various solutions for mirroring an iOS device to a Windows PC
I don't think you can in all honesty. There are advantages to staying within the apple ecosystem, and an integrated experience is one of them

ozaz

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 27, 2011
You can use AirServer for windows.
It works very well ...
I use it ...

Thanks. I've now installed Airserver to try it out. Initial impression good (worked immediately and was obvious how to use it).

I now see there are quite a lot of Airplay server apps for Windows. Did you try any others and rejected them because you didn't feel they were as good as Airserver or is Airserver the only one you've tried?

Are there any cable-based solutions instead of Airplay-based? This might be desirable for situations when wifi not available or not reliable.

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
Dell Mobile Connect can do it. I have it on my PC and it works quite well. And can mirror iPhone notifications, too.
Honestly not sure if it requires a Dell PC though or if it will work on any Windows machine. I've not tried to install on my Surface Book.

ozaz

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 27, 2011
Dell Mobile Connect can do it. I have it on my PC and it works quite well. And can mirror iPhone notifications, too.
Honestly not sure if it requires a Dell PC though or if it will work on any Windows machine. I've not tried to install on my Surface Book.

Thanks. I have a ThinkPad but I’ll take a look.
Is it wireless or wired solution?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.