Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tomzan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2016
Hello guys, my first post here.

I've got a strange problem which gets me annoying, it's misplaced turn off screen on macOS Sierra. When I press turn off button on a Mac it pops up as usual, but it's no centered on a screen as it used to be.

Is there any way to fix this?

Attachments

• IMG_1248.PNG
    IMG_1248.PNG
    806.7 KB · Views: 157

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
of course, you tried moving it?

you could try changing your display settings scale (in system preferences), then back to the default (or whatever you're using).

Tomzan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2016
of course, you tried moving it?

you could try changing your display settings scale (in system preferences), then back to the default (or whatever you're using).

I did, didn't help. Still missplaced.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
changing the display setting didn't reset it? how did you get the lower photo... did you move the window, but it doesn't stay?

you could try deleting the com.apple.finder.plist file in your user library preference folder, then reboot.

am sure it's annoying, but at least everything is working....

Tomzan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2016
changing the display setting didn't reset it? how did you get the lower photo... did you move the window, but it doesn't stay?

you could try deleting the com.apple.finder.plist file in your user library preference folder, then reboot.

am sure it's annoying, but at least everything is working....

I just moved the window into the center. Changing display settings didn't help. Gonna try to delete plist.

Anyway, it's working. Just misplaced.

Thanks for help! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.