Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

meatball3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2020
I missed the three months' signup deadline for the free one year Apple TV+ subscription by a couple of weeks. I contacted Apple Support and have essentially been told they can't do anything to assist.

Has anyone faced the same situation and managed to still get the one year free subscription?

Juicy Box

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2014
I missed it too, but I has seen elsewhere that not signing up in the three-month window is pretty much a hard stop, so I didn't call customer service.

I didn't know there was a three-month window to sign up, and when I got an email saying that my ATV+ was expiring soon, I wasn't near the device to sign up on it.

Yeah, it sucked, but I got over it quickly. There wasn't really anything that I was highly interested in anyway. Atleast enough for me to pay for the service.

Reactions: martyjmclean

bbeagle

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2010
Buffalo, NY
I bought an Apple TV on Saturday and got a free year subscription. I didn’t know the sign up for the free year ended yet.

uniquexoxo

macrumors 6502a
Aug 27, 2018
South East Asia
If the deadline is over then it’s over. Apple customer services doesn’t have the capabilities to give free subscription. If wherever you bought didn’t tell you about it, then take it up with them, if it’s in Store then go to the store directly.

Juicy Box

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2014
I didn’t know the sign up for the free year ended yet.
If the deadline is over then it’s over. Apple customer services doesn’t have the capabilities to give free subscription. If wherever you bought didn’t tell you about it, then take it up with them, if it’s in Store then go to the store directly.

Maybe I am misunderstanding your posts, but the OP is not saying the free year of Apple TV+ offer is over.

The OP is saying that to get the free year subscription of Apple TV+, there is a 90-day window after purchasing a new qualifying Apple device that you need to register for the free offer. If you don't register in 90 days, then you cannot get the free year subscription go Apple TV+.

The free year subscription offer is still going on, and Apple is still advertising it.

Reactions: Boyd01

uniquexoxo

macrumors 6502a
Aug 27, 2018
South East Asia
Maybe I am misunderstanding your posts, but the OP is not saying the free year of Apple TV+ offer is over.

The OP is saying that to get the free year subscription of Apple TV+, there is a 90-day window after purchasing a new qualifying Apple device that you need to register for the free offer. If you don't register in 90 days, then you cannot get the free year subscription go Apple TV+.

The free year subscription offer is still going on, and Apple is still advertising it.

yeah I mean if the sign up period is over, then there’s nothing much we can do about it.

Don’t worry. You’re not missing much.
THIS LOL. There’s really nothing in there. The Morning Show is great, but the rest are just meh

HDJulie

macrumors demi-goddess
Jun 13, 2008
Little Rock, AR
Can you give the free subscription to someone else? I got a free subscription last year & activated it. I just bought a Mac so it should come with a free year.

No, you can't. it doesn't come as an email, it shows up as an offering the the app so it is tied to your own ID.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.