Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mersea

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 28, 2005
Hello,

I have a MBP 13" (2017) running Mojave 10.14.6

I have been trying to install a software update on both my laptop and iPhone and keep running into errors related to "not enough storage". This has been an issue for a long time, I was surprised at first because the 120GB of storage on the MBP was a big upgrade from my previous and I couldn't believe it was filling up so fast, but I figured image files were bigger nowadays and I have a ton of photos.

EXCEPT running both OmniSweeper and DiskInventoryX, I can only locate about 65GB worth of files on this laptop. The built-in storage monitor has about 65GB dedicated to "System", which seems bloated to me, but I would assume both Omni and InventoryX would be able to locate those 65GB of files?

I'm at a loss as to what to do. I've tried signing in/out of iCloud, installing software updates (can't until I clear more space off the HD)... I could do a full back-up and a clean install, but that just seems like so much time & trouble.

HELP!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.