Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stonerider

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 17, 2018
Suspectistan
Problem:
iPhone 6 can connect to one set of speakers only - not multiroom as expected in latest update.

Speakers in house is setup and works with multiroom, when music is streamed from MacBookPro

iPhones sees the same speakers as MBP and can connect to them independently, but not in a multiroom configuration.

Any idea ??

Cheers

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
Problem:
iPhone 6 can connect to one set of speakers only - not multiroom as expected in latest update.

Speakers in house is setup and works with multiroom, when music is streamed from MacBookPro

iPhones sees the same speakers as MBP and can connect to them independently, but not in a multiroom configuration.

Any idea ??

Cheers
This was working back in iOS11. 12 not required.

Your AirPlay endpoints have to support AirPlay 2.

Eg
Devices you can stream from
Devices you can stream to

Stonerider

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 17, 2018
Suspectistan
Thanks ... let me update ....

i can stream from my iPhone to all my speakers but not able to choose more than just one speaker.
However, when i stream from my MacBook i can (with the same speakers) choose multiple speakers.

So network speakers can be accessed and used with multiroom function from MBP - but not from iPhone for some reason (?)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.