Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GtrDude

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
I'm missing the Alarm Fade-In button that used to be right under that wheel when you set your alarms for the week.
That button is just gone! I think it was a part of Bedtime.
Does anyone know what happened to this feature? I really miss it and would like to use it on all my alarms.
Also is it possible to have a version of this when the phone rings?

GtrDude

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
Anyone know what happened to the Alarm Fade-in button?

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
I’ve never seen anything like that which is why I’ve always used the sleep function through the Health app for my alarms. The sounds are nice and relaxing and fade in slowly versus the abrupt “coronary your way out of sleep” sounds of the Clock app.

Reactions: BigDO

BigDO

macrumors 65816
Dec 9, 2012
I’ve never seen anything like that which is why I’ve always used the sleep function through the Health app for my alarms. The sounds are nice and relaxing and fade in slowly versus the abrupt “coronary your way out of sleep” sounds of the Clock app.

I think op is confused - the alarm fade in is part of the sleep schedule functionality and there was never a button for it.

Reactions: ignatius345

GtrDude

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
I think op is confused - the alarm fade in is part of the sleep schedule functionality and there was never a button for it.

I am going through the Health app using the "sleep schedule functionality" and there's no "fade-in" button there.
It used to be there but now it's gone.
Any ideas?

BigDO

macrumors 65816
Dec 9, 2012
I am going through the Health app using the "sleep schedule functionality" and there's no "fade-in" button there.
Any ideas?

I don't remember a button ever being there - I assume fade in is automatically enabled when using sleep schedule.

ignatius345

macrumors 604
Aug 20, 2015
Any ideas?
The sounds used for Sleep scheduling all ramp up slowly. That's why I always use it instead of regular alert sounds which all start off very abruptly.

I also have no recollection of a "fade-in" function, and I think I'd remember that.

If you don't want to use Health/Sleep, you could always make your own alert sound that ramps up slowly. I've made a couple for myself, and it's not hard. You could use GarageBand or another audio app like Audacity. In fact, you can apparently do the whole thing in GarageBand on your iPhone if you like: https://osxdaily.com/2020/09/11/how-set-song-ringtone-iphone-garageband/

GtrDude

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
The sounds used for Sleep scheduling all ramp up slowly. That's why I always use it instead of regular alert sounds which all start off very abruptly.

I also have no recollection of a "fade-in" function, and I think I'd remember that.

If you don't want to use Health/Sleep, you could always make your own alert sound that ramps up slowly. I've made a couple for myself, and it's not hard. You could use GarageBand or another audio app like Audacity. In fact, you can apparently do the whole thing in GarageBand on your iPhone if you like: https://osxdaily.com/2020/09/11/how-set-song-ringtone-iphone-garageband/

The alarm sound I use, stock Apple, is definitely not fading in.
It's behaving exactly like the count down timer which you should also be able to have fade in if you want to.

ignatius345

macrumors 604
Aug 20, 2015
The alarm sound I use, stock Apple, is definitely not fading in.
It's behaving exactly like the count down timer which you should also be able to have fade in if you want to.
Are the alarms you're talking about the ones you get in this interface? If so, then no, none of them fade in and there has never been an option for them to fade in.

cbb4d7efb3326a20f9ec2c6b7a5b1a3a.jpg

If you want a gentle, fading in alarm using Apple's stock features, you use the Health app, and the interface looks like this. The Wake Up Sound option offers a variety of sounds that all fade in gradually.

1042405855298fd009bfdbd9c5b60a0b-3156199251.jpeg

GtrDude

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
Thanks for the screen shots.
In the clock app mine looks like this:

unnamed.png

Since I don't have the Bedtime icon at the bottom I did the following after erasing all alarms:
Tap on the Health app, here there seem to be two ways to do it, I tapped on Browse and then tap on Sleep.
Set up my schedule in Sleep and I'm back to what you see at the screen shot above.
Exactly no change.
Still no Bedtime Icon.

iStorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2012
Thanks for the screen shots.
In the clock app mine looks like this:

View attachment 2241504

Since I don't have the Bedtime icon at the bottom I did the following after erasing all alarms:
Tap on the Health app, here there seem to be two ways to do it, I tapped on Browse and then tap on Sleep.
Set up my schedule in Sleep and I'm back to what you see at the screen shot above.
Exactly no change.
Still no Bedtime Icon.
The Bedtime icon/tab is from an old screenshot. It's been moved to the Alarm tab and is now the "Sleep|Wake Up" alarm.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.