Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Be-1ne

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 14, 2015
UK
I’m using an Apple TV v4 and when I search for the content on Apple TV+ nothing shows up except “the elephant”.

If I want to watch anything else I have to go through the search function.

is this an issue or am I missing something?? It worked fine when it first came out, I’m not a massive tv fan so have only recently noticed it.

mum Apple TV has latest tvOS and the Apple TV app works perfectly fine on my iPhone and iPad.

has this happened to anyone else or any ideas how to fix it?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    330.2 KB · Views: 290

mallbritton

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2006
On your Apple TV open the TV app and scroll down to the TV+ Channel icon and select it. That will show you all the TV+ content in the Channel.

Be-1ne

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 14, 2015
UK
Thanks. Tried that, doesn’t work either :-/ give the same screen as above

mallbritton

macrumors 65816
Nov 26, 2006
Try a hard reset of the ATV. Hold down the Menu + Home buttons until the light on the ATV starts flashing then let them go.

Be-1ne

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 14, 2015
UK
Thanks for all your help. Neither of these made any difference ☹️ So annoying

Meuti

macrumors regular
Dec 8, 2019
I had exactly the same problem once. What worked for me was simply rebooting my router (the Apple TV will then reconnect to the Wifi once it's back up). Should this not work for you, you may have to factory reset your Apple TV.

Reactions: mallbritton

Be-1ne

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 14, 2015
UK
I had exactly the same problem once. What worked for me was simply rebooting my router (the Apple TV will then reconnect to the Wifi once it's back up). Should this not work for you, you may have to factory reset your Apple TV.
Nice one! Did a factory reset and all is restored. Bloody weird though that it all just disappeared ??‍♂️

Reactions: Meuti

Meuti

macrumors regular
Dec 8, 2019
Nice one! Did a factory reset and all is restored. Bloody weird though that it all just disappeared ??‍♂️
I'm glad it worked out for you. Our machines get more and more powerful, but at the same time more and more complicated, sometimes the smallest things can cause issues. Crap happens :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.